Saturday, June 23, 2007

What we've been up to!

Jason at Soma Restaurant and Lounge presenting a $50 gift certificate! For some odd reason, I keep on bumping into him at various venues through the Leslieville/Riverside neighbourhoods.. I think he may be stalking me.. lol. j/k :)

The friendly folks at Cajun Corner! Left to right are Glen, Karen and me.
The people from Hello Toast! saying a warm "Hello!" Left to right are Tony, Linda and me.
The Comrades at The Comrade! Left to right are me, Dean, Nikki and Ryan... awesomely cool cats! This picture looks like an album cover for a up and coming indie rock band :)

The totally chill guys at Barrio Lounge! Left to right are: Kevin, Yau-see, me and Mike

The supremely cool Michael Lee who is the Operations Manager at Scotiabank Theatre presenting the initiative 15 movie passes on behalf of Cineplex Odeon Cinemas!


Well! It's been quite the whirlwind these past few days! Recently I've picked up gift certifcates from Soma Restaurant and Lounge, The Comrade, Barrio, Hello Toast!, and Cineplex Odeon/Famous Players!

Besides the aforementioned sponsors, I also have gift certificates Baldini Italian restaurant, Leslieville Cheese Market, as well as an uber-awesome gift basket donated by the Cajun Corner.

As it stands, the other sponsors who have contributed to the cause, but where I'm still awaiting for due to scheduling conflicts are the lovely folks at Kubo Radio, and The Burger Shoppe.

I have also been in talks with the fine folks over at the Dark Horse Cafe, Pop Bistro, The Citizen, Sushi Marche and Leslie Jones. All of them have tentaviely verbally agreed to support the initiative and our fundraising efforts.

Furthermore, I am been in talks with the folks at Fare Bistro, I'm still trying to talk to the people at The Second City. After having attended roughly 7-hours of the hilarious and immensely enjoyable 24-hour The Second City That Never Sleeps show in benefit of the Therapeutic Clown Program at SickKids, added to the fact that I'm a student there will help me get these awesome guys on board.

As for the people who have politely declined being a part of this initiative or haven't replied are as follows: Pulp Kitchen, Reliable Fish and Chips, The Real Jerk, Dangerous Dan's and Tomi-kro.

I am glad things have progressed as far as they have. I have less than a week before I camp outside of Scotiabank Theatre (formerly Paramount) at John and Richmond Sts. I find that after having landed official SickKids fundraising event status, having the majority of the Riverside and Leslieville bars, restaurants and lounges on board, I have the clout, legitimacy and momentum to make this entire initiative to be a force for SickKids. Having Hasbro Canada, Far Coast Coffee Company and Cineplex Odeon add that the "knock-out blow" so to speak to make the prizes really sweet!

I'm pretty tempted to keep all this stuff to myself, but I can't ;) I'm sure the prize winners will thoroughly enjoy their prizes and at the same time have the peace of mind that their money went to a worthwhile cause.

I just had some insanely delcious sushi from Sushi Marche.. seriously.. it's some good stuff!

No comments: