Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Updates, more sponsors and other odds & ends


Another donor! Pictured above is an old friend of mine, Mike Kim.
It's been a hectic few days. One of the outcomes I envisioned for the initiative's event, where I could camp out for 3 days might be slightly toned down due to legal issues. I had went to Cineplex Odeon's Scotiabank Theatre (formerly Paramount) to get their approval and blessing for the event and possibly get sponsorship with them donating a few movie gift certificates.
I did get sponsorship from one of the manager's named Mike and he had told me they would donate a "generous amount." I am still awaiting his reply. With regards to camping out overnight, I was basically told was that the sidewalk isn't Cineplex Odeon property, but rather the City of Toronto's and I'd have to talk to the City of Toronto or Toronto Police Services in order to have the event go on without any problems.
I called the City of Toronto, and their Right of Way office, which issues permits to close down streets for events, and the lady who had answered me said that I would need to talk to Toronto Police Services.
I call Toronto Police Services, and was directed towards their Community Response Unit at 52 Division. I ended up talking to a Mr. Rod Fraser and he had told me that the Sargeant responsible for these issues was out on the road. I left my contact info with Mr. Fraser in hopes that that Sargeant will reply to me
I know it's a HUGE thing to ask from the Toronto Police Services, but with the sheer fact that I got the go ahead and approval by SickKids will be able to count as "clout." Anyways, I've a contingency plan in the works to make this an awesome event.
Stay tuned kids!

No comments: